Dashboards & Visualizations

Visualization color issue

carlyleadmin
Contributor

Hi All,

First of all the version of the splunk we have in our environment is as follows;

Splunk Version
Splunk Build

i do have a single line single number visualization dashborad.the problem is when i run them indivually i get the color coding but when it is on saved dashboard,coloring does not work

alt text

here are my queries for both searches;

1) failed diu

Message="failed to execute"|search Message >0 |stats count(eval(Message="failed to execute")) AS "Failed DIU" |eval Value = 500| rangemap field=Value none=0-99 low=100-199 guarded=200-299 elevated=300-399 high=400-499 severe=500-599 default=none

and i get the set color of red when i click on visualiztion(red)

2) successful diu
Message="was executed successfully"|search Message >0|stats count(eval(Message="was executed successfully")) AS "Successful DIU" |eval Value = 0| rangemap field=Value none=0-99 low=100-199 guarded=200-299 elevated=300-399 high=400-499 severe=500-599 default=none

and i get the set color of black when i click on visualiztion

any idea why the colors do not work when saved as one dashboard.

here is my source code as well if that helps

alt text

i have a test environment which the latest version of splunk is installed and all works as expected,but with different version i don't even have the UI option that i have on the latest version for coloring is not presented in 6.2 version

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

renjith_nair
Legend

For 6.2.0, try adding this to the options for both panels

<option name="classField">range</option>
---
What goes around comes around. If it helps, hit it with Karma 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

For 6.2.0, try adding this to the options for both panels

<option name="classField">range</option>
---
What goes around comes around. If it helps, hit it with Karma 🙂
0 Karma

carlyleadmin
Contributor

That did it.Thank you Renjith

0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

You can refer this app:
https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1603/

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...