Dashboards & Visualizations

Using labelStyle ellipsisEnd

Simon_Shelston
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is a simple question, caused by the fact that I have a hard time constructing the right form of a property when reading your documents. I want to move the ellipsis on a legend to the end of the string, which I see is a textBlock that is referred to by legend, and is in a property named overflowMode. So I think I need something like

<param name="charting.legend.labelStyle">ellipsisEnd</param>

But that doesn't do it. What form do I use for this line, and to save future questions how do I figure that out based on the documents? When I look at the legend definition is says there is a property called labelStyle, with the value "style" which of course points me back to the textBlock page that has the overflowMode – but that property isn't in the list of properties on the legend page, so I basically go around in a circle trying to formulate the parameter name and value to use

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Jason
Motivator

Don't you just love Advanced XML. Turns out you're missing just one bit:

<param name="charting.legend.labelStyle.overflowMode">ellipsisEnd</param>

And if you want to do the same thing in your mouseover label on the graph itself, you can use this:

<param name="charting.tooltip.content.fieldStyle.overflowMode">ellipsisEnd</param>

View solution in original post

Jason
Motivator

Don't you just love Advanced XML. Turns out you're missing just one bit:

<param name="charting.legend.labelStyle.overflowMode">ellipsisEnd</param>

And if you want to do the same thing in your mouseover label on the graph itself, you can use this:

<param name="charting.tooltip.content.fieldStyle.overflowMode">ellipsisEnd</param>
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...