Dashboards & Visualizations

Set a default index for all INPUTS within a specific app only

eden881
Path Finder

I have an app with a long list of inputs. I want to set them to go to a specific index (let's say index = my_index).
I can achieve this by placing index = my_index under the [default] stanza in the app.

However, will this affect other apps on the forwarder with their inputs set to default?
I deploy this app with a Deployment Server to several UFs.

0 Karma
1 Solution

eden881
Path Finder

Eventually I tried it out myself, and found out that the [default] stanza only affects the inputs in it's specific app.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

eden881
Path Finder

Eventually I tried it out myself, and found out that the [default] stanza only affects the inputs in it's specific app.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Settings in .conf files are not app-specific, they are stanza-specific. Values in the [default] stanza apply to all inputs in all apps unless overwritten by the [default] stanza in another app that is processed first. btool can tell you what settings will apply.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

eden881
Path Finder

I think this is incorrect, as I tried it and found out that [default] only affects the inputs in the specific app...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...