Dashboards & Visualizations

Set Height of Panels in Simple XML?

muebel
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I have created a chart panel in a dashboard in Simple XML. Is there a way to set the height to a certain value beyond what comes by default as being part of a row?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

emma
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes you can change the height with the height parameter, as documented here:

http://www.splunk.com/base/Documentation/latest/Developer/AddAChart#set_chart_specific_options

For example:

<dashboard>
 <label>My dashboard</label>
 <row>
  <chart>
   <searchName>My saved report</searchName>
    <option name="charting.chart">line</option>
    <option name="height">200</option>
   </chart>
  </row>
</dashboard>

View solution in original post

emma
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes you can change the height with the height parameter, as documented here:

http://www.splunk.com/base/Documentation/latest/Developer/AddAChart#set_chart_specific_options

For example:

<dashboard>
 <label>My dashboard</label>
 <row>
  <chart>
   <searchName>My saved report</searchName>
    <option name="charting.chart">line</option>
    <option name="height">200</option>
   </chart>
  </row>
</dashboard>

muebel
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

oop, thats an easy one heh. Went over the documentation but must have missed that bit. Thanks!

feickertmd
Communicator

That changes the size of the object (chart, in this case), but what about changing the size of the containing ?

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK: a Step-by-Step Guide for ...

Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step guide for newbies Olga Malita The ...

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...