Dashboards & Visualizations

My dashboards and reports suddenly disappeared in Web UI

ffloimair
Explorer

I'm in the process of migrating a single-host Splunk system to a two-host (1 indexer + 1 searchhead) setup.
I already had everything up and running properly, but now suddenly all my reports and dashboards have disappeared from the Web-UI.

I carefully compared the old and the new setup and everything seems to be in place where they should be (in $SPLUNKDIR/etc/apps/*).

So to summarize: I haven't changed anything (no config changes, no restarts) since last week but now suddenly the Dashboards are no longer visible.

Any hint of what to do here?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ffloimair
Explorer

I figured out the problem. It was a stupid mistake on my side. I have a loadbalancer in front and that actually pointed to the indexer instead of the searchhead. Once I access the searchhead directly everything works as expected.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ffloimair
Explorer

I figured out the problem. It was a stupid mistake on my side. I have a loadbalancer in front and that actually pointed to the indexer instead of the searchhead. Once I access the searchhead directly everything works as expected.

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @ffloimair,

Check if dashboard (etc/apps//default/data/ui/views/) and reports (etc/apps//default/savedsearches.conf) is present or not on search-head.

0 Karma

ffloimair
Explorer

Yes, they are present

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try restarting splunk search head. It ideally should show in Settings > User Interfaces > Views and Settings > "Select Permission in front of your dashboard".

0 Karma

ffloimair
Explorer

Did a restart and tried as suggested, but it doesn't show up there either.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...