Dashboards & Visualizations

How to split query result like using Trellis of Visualizatoin in search in Dashboard Studio

mihir_hardas
Explorer

A search query in Dashobard Classic when split by Trellis in Visualization tab i  gives 4 pie charts 

index=log-13120-nonprod-c laas_appId=qbmp.prediction* "jobPredictionAnalysis" prediction lastEndDelta
| eval accuracy_category = case( abs(lastEndDelta) <= 600, 10, (abs(lastEndDelta) > 600 and abs(lastEndDelta) <= 1200), 20, (abs(lastEndDelta) > 1200 and abs(lastEndDelta) <= 1800), 30, 1==1,40)
| eval timeDistance_category = case(timeDistance < 3600, 1, (timeDistance>3600 and timeDistance<7200),2,(timeDistance>7200 and timeDistance<10800),3,1==1,4)

| chart count by accuracy_category

But if the same is embedded in Dashboard Studio I have to add a where clause to create the query result in 4 parts to get 4 pie charts becuase I cannot find Trellis option.

How to get 4 piecharts ( split by ... Trellis ) in Dashboard Studio ?

| where timeDistance_category=1

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

mihir_hardas
Explorer

Thank you for your note. Since Trellis is not available in Dashboard Studio, what should be a good recommended workaround ?

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

I've not got a chance to play around with it, but I believe best option would be to use chained searches (similar to post-process in Classic dashboard). This way you'd be running one main search and then filter/branch out results from that search (in your case, different where clause). See more here:

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/8.2.2202/DashStudio/dsChain

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Trellies are not supported on Dashboard Studio and AFAIK,  there are no alternatives yet.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...

Get ready to show some Splunk Certification swagger at .conf24!

Dive into the deep end of data by earning a Splunk Certification at .conf24. We're enticing you again this ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Now On-Demand Join us to learn more about how you can leverage Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and the new ...