Dashboards & Visualizations

How to set 2 X-Axis Values in a Chart?

elomotanpru
Path Finder

Hey everyone,

Currently making a report for my team that requires to have two X-Axis values based on the excel sheet shared with me. Below are some screenshots of the desired output, my progress so far, and search query based on what I have learned so far.

The goal:

elomotanpru_0-1652972104626.png

What I am familiar with using chart in the search:

elomotanpru_2-1652972315237.png

My search string

| eval DATE=strftime(strptime(DATE,"%d%b%Y"),"%Y-%m-%d")
| eval _time=strptime(DATE." ","%Y-%m-%d")
| where _time >= strptime("$from$", "%m/%d/%Y") AND _time <= strptime("$to$", "%m/%d/%Y")
| eval epochtime=strptime(TIME, "%H:%M:%S")| eval desired_time=strftime(epochtime, "%I:%M:%S %p")
| chart sum(VIO_PAGING_SEC) as "$lpar$ Sum of VIO_PAGING_SEC" sum(SYSTEM_PAGEFAULTS_SEC) as "$lpar$ SYSTEM_PAGEFAULTS_SEC" sum(SWAP_PAGIN_SEC) as "$lpar$ SWAP_PAGIN_SEC" sum(LOCAL_PAGEFAULTS_SEC) as "$lpar$ LOCAL_PAGEFAULTS_SEC" over desired_time

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This is not possible with standard charts

0 Karma

elomotanpru
Path Finder

Is there a way to implement not using charts with the default Splunk dashboard capabilities?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...