Dashboards & Visualizations

How to only display unique values from a field?

lordhans
Explorer

I am searching the my logs for key IDs that can either be from group 'AA' or group 'BB'. I find them by using rex and then display them in a table. (AA_12345 for example).

"ns=myApplication" "trying to insert document with keyId:"| rex field=message "(?<id>(AA_\d+)|(BB_\d+))" | table id

Some of those key IDs are duplicates. I only want to show unique key IDs in the table. How can I do this? Based on some posts I found on here there is something called 'dedup' that might be useful here but I can't figure out where I'd insert it in my search query.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Tags (1)
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try like this

"ns=myApplication" "trying to insert document with keyId:"| rex field=message "(?<id>(AA_\d+)|(BB_\d+))" | table id | dedup id

OR (stats will remove duplicates as well)

"ns=myApplication" "trying to insert document with keyId:"| rex field=message "(?<id>(AA_\d+)|(BB_\d+))" | stats count by id | table id

View solution in original post

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try like this

"ns=myApplication" "trying to insert document with keyId:"| rex field=message "(?<id>(AA_\d+)|(BB_\d+))" | table id | dedup id

OR (stats will remove duplicates as well)

"ns=myApplication" "trying to insert document with keyId:"| rex field=message "(?<id>(AA_\d+)|(BB_\d+))" | stats count by id | table id
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...