Dashboards & Visualizations

Custom MAP : Custom Mapping of IP Subnet to Location Co-Ordinates or Location Name?

koolvasco
Explorer

Intranet Environment,
Device : Cisco ASA
How to Use INDIA Map in Dash Board Insted of World Map, And How to Use Custom IP Subnet Mapping to Location.

For Example:
I Want to Use 1.1.1.0/24 Subnet to be mapped to Banglore, 15.0.0.0/24 Subnet to be mapped to Delhi

Source_type : cisco:asa
Index : asa_db

Tags (1)
0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could use eval to create a new ip field and then use that instead:

index=asa_db sourcetype=cisco:asa 
 | eval ip=if(cidrmatch("1.1.1.0/24",src_ip),"14.96.40.25",match("15.0.0.0/24",src_ip),"14.141.241.1",src_ip) 
 | iplocation ip 
 | geostats count by city

This eval is using cidrmatch to match the two cidr you gave and changing them to a known TATA communications IP address, which will then map to Bangalore or Delhi. If the regex doesn't match then it leaves ip equal to the src_ip.

The search assumes the field you want to use for the eval I s called src_ip, but it might be different in your data.

To find public ips in each location I just googled "ip addresses Bangalore" and found a website that said which IPs were in Bangalore.

koolvasco
Explorer

what is eval? How can i use it in search?

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

To make it start with India as the default map edit the visualization and modify the "initial coordinates" to be latitude and longitude of central India.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...