Dashboards & Visualizations

Cascading Splunk dropdown will not populate on the first selection but will on the second?

smashedpumpkins
Explorer

Hey folks, I hope you can help me out as I'm stumped. I have a cascading dropdown menu. The 2nd dropdown menu relies on the first to obtain its variables. When I load the page, the first dropdown menu populates with no issue. When I make a selection with the first dropdown menu the second dropdown menu does not populate. If I select a different item in the first dropdown menu, after having already made my first selection, the second dropdown menu populates just fine. It does not matter which item I select in the first drop down menu, the issue always occurs.

<input type="dropdown" token="UCID">
  <label>Select Item</label>
  <default>Default Item 1</default>
  <populatingSearch fieldForValue="UCID" fieldForLabel="UCID">
    <![CDATA[|inputlookup item_1_lookup | fields "Use Case" | rename "Use Case" AS "UCID" | uniq "UCID" | sort "UCID"]]>
  </populatingSearch>
</input>
<input type="dropdown" token="FNAME">
  <label>Select Sub-item</label>
  <default>*</default>
  <populatingSearch fieldForValue="FNAME" fieldForLabel="FNAME">
    <![CDATA[|inputlookup item_1_lookup | search "Use Case"="$UCID$" | fields "Field Name" | rename "Field Name" AS "FNAME" | sort "FNAME"]]>
  </populatingSearch>
</input>
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

smashedpumpkins
Explorer

I finally managed to fix it. The default value for the first dropdown menu was no longer located in the lookup table. Once I removed the default value it worked normally again. Sounds like a Splunk bug.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

smashedpumpkins
Explorer

I finally managed to fix it. The default value for the first dropdown menu was no longer located in the lookup table. Once I removed the default value it worked normally again. Sounds like a Splunk bug.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...