Dashboards & Visualizations

Allow user to change password in app

yuffie1979
Engager

This is my first time creating an app. I have a requirement to allow certain users to have a dashboard view only, so I have created my own app and the dashboard user role does not have read permission to the search and launcher app. Everything is working fine except for 2 issues:

1. User is unable to change password. When user clicks on "Edit Account", there is a message "Fail: Client is not authorized to perform requested action". The splunkd_access.log is showing myapp/authentication/changepassword/undefined
  2. User clicks on Splunk icon, there is a message "Splunk cannot find the home view".

Please advise on the steps to rectify the problems. Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

yuffie1979
Engager

Thanks for the reply.
I found a simpler solution through trial and error. Copy authentication_change_user_password.xml from the search app to my own app.

View solution in original post

yuffie1979
Engager

Thanks for the reply.
I found a simpler solution through trial and error. Copy authentication_change_user_password.xml from the search app to my own app.

brook5838
Engager

Can you provide more details on WHERE you put the file? I have tried putting it in about 10 different places, and splunk doesnt pick it up. Still get the following error...regardless of where I drop the authentication_change_user_password.xml file.

App "search" does not support UI access.

Any help is appreciated.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

For the password part you could have your users added through LDAP, so they can change their password there.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...