All Apps and Add-ons

radius_auth - RADIUS authentication method still employed even with app disable.

jamesaarondevli
Path Finder

Hi,

after successfully authenticating against RADIUS using http://apps.splunk.com/app/981/ I noticed that even once the app was disabled we could still authenticate with RADIUS users (those created prior to disabling app and after).

It is not until we remove $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/authentication.conf which defines RADIUS as an authentication method that this behaviour ceases.

Cheers,
James

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

Unfortunately, Splunk doesn't automatically disable the authentication when the app is disabled. To do so, manually, do the following before disabling the app: open the setup page in the RADIUS authentication app, uncheck the "Enable RADIUS authentication" option and press "save".

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...