All Apps and Add-ons

Why does clicking on "Set up" for the Splunk Add-on for Cisco Identity Services return "Page not found"?

ttakeuch

Hi

Because I don't have enough karma points, I cannot add an attachment file to show a screenshot of the error.

I'm using Splunk Enterprise 6.4.1 for free on Windows 7 Enterprise 32bit VM.
I'm trying to use the "Splunk Add-on for Cisco ISE" version 2.2.0.

Problem 1. "Browser More Apps" shows "Error connecting: Connect Timeout"
- Since I could not refer this, I manually downloaded above add-on and installed it. I just still wonder how could I not refer from the Browser More Apps.

Problem 2. Click on "Set up" of "Splunk Add-on for Cisco ISE" returns "Page Not Found."
- This is where I'm struggling now. I tried to set locale both Japanese and English, but it won't change.
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/109597/web-framework-page-not-found.html?utm_source=typeahead&utm...

I'd like to know how to fix it.

Thanks,
Takeshi

0 Karma

jplumsdaine22
Influencer

It's most likely a permissions issue - if you search in the _internal index for the requestID shown on the error page, you will see the actual problem (many errors are replaced with a generic 404 for security) .

In fact clicking on the link on the 404 page that says "View more information..." should run the search for you

0 Karma

evelenke
Contributor

Here's what I got (web_service.log):

2017-06-21 16:54:56,780 INFO [594a7ab0707fde08063bd0] view:400 - requested app is unconfigured, redirecting; app=Splunk_CiscoSecuritySuite configured=0 setup=/servicesNS/nobody/system/apps/local/Splunk_CiscoSecuritySuite/setup
2017-06-21 16:55:27,291 INFO [594a7acf227fde08085990] cached:77 - memoized decorator used on function with non hashable arguments
2017-06-21 16:55:27,656 INFO [594a7acf227fde08085990] error:138 - Masking the original 404 message: 'Nothing matches the given URI' with 'Page not found!' for security reasons

It's for Cisco Security Suite App. The user has admin role

0 Karma

paragmahajan40

I am also facing same problem of Page not found..When I tried to configure that addon setting. please help

Here are more details
Win7 64 bit
Splunk Version : 6.4.2
Splunk Build :alt text 00f5bb3fa822

0 Karma

evelenke
Contributor

Hi,

have you ever solved it?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...