All Apps and Add-ons

Why are some hosts are not being shown in the Template for Citrix XenDesktop 7 app?

cejkyle
Engager

I have installed the XenDesktop 7 template on a number of servers and gold images.
On many servers, Splunk and the XenDesktop 7 app show the host almost immediately.

However, on other servers, no matter what I do, including reinstalling XD7 template and Splunk Universal Forwarder from scratch, the host will not show up under the Template for Citrix XenDesktop app in Splunk.

I also use Uber agent and the machine shows up fine there.
Please help, it's driving me nuts.

I cannot find a difference between the machines which work and those which do not.

0 Karma

jconger
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

What exactly are you installing on your XenDesktop VDA? The app goes on your Splunk server, and the TA-VDA goes on your XenDesktop VDA. If you are using PVS or MCS, make sure you are using the directions to make the Universal Forwarder part of the gold image -> http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.2/Admin/Integrateauniversalforwarderontoasystemimage

0 Karma

tred23
Path Finder

We are having the same issue. We are going to try the link you supplied.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...