All Apps and Add-ons

Why am I receiving lookup error "could not find the specified lookup fields in the lookup table : endpoint_change_status_lookup"?

saurabh_tek
Communicator

alt text

Hello Splunkers,

I am facing this strange error since the time i have installed Palo Alto Networks App for Splunk. This error is coming to every search in all pre-built and custom apps in Splunk. I tried to figure out why its coming and how to solve this but no luck.

Can anyone please help me get rid of this?

0 Karma
1 Solution

btorresgil
Builder

Hello,

That lookup table (endpoint_change_status_lookup) doesn't exist in the PAN App or Add-on. Most likely there is something you've created in a props.conf or transforms.conf that creates a lookup called "endpoint_change_status_lookup". This lookup table seems to be missing a field or not exist.

I recommend doing a find across all files in your splunk directory for the lookup table name: endpoint_change_status_lookup

Find where this lookup table is configured and remove it or add the necessary fields that are causing the error.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

btorresgil
Builder

Hello,

That lookup table (endpoint_change_status_lookup) doesn't exist in the PAN App or Add-on. Most likely there is something you've created in a props.conf or transforms.conf that creates a lookup called "endpoint_change_status_lookup". This lookup table seems to be missing a field or not exist.

I recommend doing a find across all files in your splunk directory for the lookup table name: endpoint_change_status_lookup

Find where this lookup table is configured and remove it or add the necessary fields that are causing the error.

0 Karma

saurabh_tek
Communicator

you are right, this was coming from another app blueliv, we corrected it and its fine now. Thanks @btorresgil for prompt response.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...