All Apps and Add-ons

What should I put in the required "Configuration" field?

evanlies
Engager

The title is pretty self-explanatory... what type of configuration is this field looking for?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Heh... $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/website_monitoring/README/inputs.conf.spec claims it's optional:

configuration = <value>
* Indicates which stanza in website_monitoring.conf to get the configuration information from (optional)

To make the modular input form happy, check website_monitoring.conf for the stanza name to use. I'm guessing it might be default, unless you have several sets of proxy configurations defined there.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

This is a bug. I added this feature based on an enhancement request to allow users to tell an input to use a particular proxy when multiple are defined. I'll fix this ASAP and publish a fix. In the meantime, you should be able to enter "default" and it should work fine.

LukeMurphey
Champion

I identified and fixed the bug. A new release (1.0.1) has been published.

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Heh... $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/website_monitoring/README/inputs.conf.spec claims it's optional:

configuration = <value>
* Indicates which stanza in website_monitoring.conf to get the configuration information from (optional)

To make the modular input form happy, check website_monitoring.conf for the stanza name to use. I'm guessing it might be default, unless you have several sets of proxy configurations defined there.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...