All Apps and Add-ons

What is the best way to pass Snort logs into the Splunk for Snort app?

w0lverineNOP
Path Finder

What is the best way to pass Snort logs into the Splunk for Snort App? Should I use a mount or a forwarder? Or any other suggestions?

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Jeremiah
Motivator

The Snort app doesn't include any input configs, so its really up to you. How are you collecting other log data in your environment? In general, using forwarders is the best option. Do make sure to use the sourcetypes that are defined for you in the props.conf file, so you can take advantage of the included extractions.

View solution in original post

Jeremiah
Motivator

The Snort app doesn't include any input configs, so its really up to you. How are you collecting other log data in your environment? In general, using forwarders is the best option. Do make sure to use the sourcetypes that are defined for you in the props.conf file, so you can take advantage of the included extractions.

w0lverineNOP
Path Finder

Universal Forwarders! That was going to be my answer. I had some friends tell me use mount but it didn't make sense. Thanks!

0 Karma

ppablo
Retired

Hi @w0lverineNOP

Glad you got an answer to your question 🙂 please don't forget to resolve your posts by clicking "Accept" directly below the answer. This will make it easier for other users with the same/similar questions find the solution too. Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...