All Apps and Add-ons

Unable to load parameter for Splunk custom Add-on configuration Page on Splunk Search-Head Cluster.

nikita_p
Contributor

Hi Team,

I have created a custom add-on for alert action from Splunk Add-on builder which is working fine on a single search head or any single instance and I am able to see the the global parameters but when I am trying to push this package to the Search-Head cluster, it is unable to load those parameters like proxy details, username, password, etc. on configuration page.

Could you help us with this?

Thanks in advance!

0 Karma

chli_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Unfortunately current Add-on Builder or Addons built by Add-on Builder cannot support Splunk Cluster. Maybe we will support it in future release

0 Karma

nikita_p
Contributor

Hi Chli,
Thank you for your answer. If Addons built by Add-on Builder cannot support Splunk Cluster, then I was wondering how Splunk Add-on for ServiceNow works on Splunk Cluster?

0 Karma

chli_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

ServiceNow Addon is built by Add-on Builder? Oh I don't know that.
Basically we may need to do sth manually, for example, install this addon on all SH, sync some conf files and KVStore cross all SH, etc.
May I ask what's the error you found from browser console and backend logs?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...