All Apps and Add-ons

The splunk app for infrastructure cannot create folders.

rodos
Engager

I am using Splunk Enterprise 7.2.4 (Trial)
I installed the Splunk app for infrastructure
When I run a script generated by this application on a Windows system, I get strange errors.

out-file : Could not find a part of the path "C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\etc\apps\SplunkUniversalForwarder\loc
al\outputs.conf".
C:\Users\Admin\install_uf_script.ps1:83 знак:1
+ echo "[tcpout]" > $outputsconf
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : OpenError: (:) [Out-File], DirectoryNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : FileOpenFailure,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.OutFileCommand

out-file : Could not find a part of the path "C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\etc\apps\SplunkUniversalForwarder\loc
al\outputs.conf".
C:\Users\Admin\install_uf_script.ps1:84 знак:1
+ echo "defaultGroup = default-autolb-group" >> $outputsconf
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : OpenError: (:) [Out-File], DirectoryNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : FileOpenFailure,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.OutFileCommand

Install Location: $ env: programfiles \ SplunkUniversalForwarder
I run the script on Windows 10 1809 Pro (From the administrator)

0 Karma

dagarwal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Could you check if you have this directory on your Windows system?
"C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\etc\apps\SplunkUniversalForwarder\local\"

0 Karma

rodos
Engager

Sorry for the long answer. There are no SplunkUniversalForwarder folder in Program Files.
This is a clean system, installing the UF is done for the first time.

0 Karma

dagarwal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

So, the script didn't install the forwarder before it complained about the path?
Check if "C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder" exists. If it does, create the local directory it complained about and try to rerun the script.

You can also setup data collection manually using this doc:
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/InfraApp/1.2.3/Admin/ManualInstallWindowsUF

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...