All Apps and Add-ons

Splunkbase Add-on details tab does not intercept Markdown code for images.

SailPoint_IDPlu
Path Finder

The details tab on our add-on page (Administrator tools > Manage App > Details) says it supports Markdown. We have added images to the content but it does not render. The syntax is inline with https://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax#img. Is there anything else that I am missing?

0 Karma
1 Solution

PavelP
Motivator

Hello @SailPoint_IDPlus_Alliance ,

I've tried to embed an image and can confirm that is doesn't work. I reported the problem to splunkbase-admin AT splunk.com and linked to this post.

I'll report here if I get any feedback.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator

I've tried to embed an image and can confirm that is doesn't work. I reported the problem to splunkbase-admin AT splunk.com and linked to this post.

I'll report here if I get any feedback.

0 Karma

SailPoint_IDPlu
Path Finder

Thank you !

0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator

I've just checked and it works for me, I can add and modify images on the splunkbase app page.

0 Karma

SailPoint_IDPlu
Path Finder

I've also checked and here by confirm that the images are correctly rendering on the details tab of the add-on page. Thank you for following up.

0 Karma

sensitive-thug
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thank you for asking a question @SailPoint_IDPlus_Alliance,

I'm glad you found a helpful answer from @PavelP. If their answer solved your issue please click “Accept” directly below the answer to resolve the post.

0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator

Hello @SailPoint_IDPlus_Alliance , does it work for you now?

I've got a reply from splunk:

Thank you for confirming this issue I will bring up this issue with our on call engineer.

0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator

Hello @SailPoint_IDPlus_Alliance

when you edit the detail page, at the top of the edit window you see a tab with a image, click on it, upload your image, get a link and paste it in your markdown. Here is code from my page:

text text text
![description](19c45e74-1f8f-11ea-abd4-0a32b91f18a8.png)
another text text text.

let me know if it worked. If not, I'll post a screenshot.

0 Karma

SailPoint_IDPlu
Path Finder

Hi Pavel,

We have followed the similar process of uploading the image and pasting the link in the markdown. Here is the code

![alt text][overview]
 [overview]: (image link "Optional Title")

I also tried to alter the syntax according to what you've suggested but the images still does not render.
Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...