All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk for Nagios Configuration

jamie_roberts
Engager

Hi,
I am currently trying to get the app SplunkForNagios to send alerts to Nagios. I think that most of my configuration is correct but I can't find what should be put in "WWW=splunk (ie. url of splunk search head)". What should I put in the place of "splunk"? Where can I find this information?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Jamie

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

lukeh
Contributor

Hi Jamie 🙂

just replace the word 'splunk' with the hostname or fqdn of your splunk instance, ie. the url you are using for your Splunk GUI 🙂

Hope this helps, and please vote up and/or mark as answered if this has answered your question.

Luke 🙂

View solution in original post

lukeh
Contributor

Hi Jamie 🙂

just replace the word 'splunk' with the hostname or fqdn of your splunk instance, ie. the url you are using for your Splunk GUI 🙂

Hope this helps, and please vote up and/or mark as answered if this has answered your question.

Luke 🙂

jamie_roberts
Engager

Thanks.
This answer seems coherant with what I have found. I replaced "splunk" with local because the search head is local. This seems to work fine.
Thanks for your reply.
Jamie

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...