All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk/Pager Duty integration no results work around

sidekix24
Path Finder

Hi,

We are using the Splunk Pagerduty integration to page out for certain alerts. The integration works fine the search returns some events. For example: if we are alerting if a search returns more than 1 event, we get the splunk email and the PD alerts out. If we set an alert for if less than 1 event is returned, we get the splunk email but PD doesn't trigger. When working with PD support, they the search result can't be "no results". I also tried adding "| append [| search | fields - * | eval count=0]" to my search so I would get a blank event instead but PD still didn't trigger.

Anyone have any suggestions were I can get an event with a bunch of zero's instead of blank or no results?

Thanks

0 Karma

tonymorin
Explorer

Are you creating these alerts in Splunk core or enterprise security? we had a similar issue with ES. They had to build custom integration on their end(pager duty)...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...