All Apps and Add-ons

Share props.conf into two different apps

llacoste
Path Finder

Hello all,

I am not sure what I am asking for is doable or not but here it is:

I would like to be able to share some configurations in between apps. For example the field extraction.

I would have app A with a field extraction up to date and app B "calling" the props.conf file from App A.

That way any time I am changing things into App A, App B would benefit those enhancements.

I am not talking about global sharing the knowledge objects here as I don't want those extracted fields to be available in ALL my apps, but only between A and B.

Is there any way to do this ? any configuration like in App B:
include AppB:props.conf

Something like this?

Thanks for your help guys!

1 Solution

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In /AppB/metadata/default.meta or local.meta in AppB add this:

[]
 import = AppA

[] likely exists already so just add the import underneath, save and restart.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In /AppB/metadata/default.meta or local.meta in AppB add this:

[]
 import = AppA

[] likely exists already so just add the import underneath, save and restart.

0 Karma

llacoste
Path Finder

Hi,
Thanks for the tips, I will try to use that and see if it's working. That would be awesome.
Cheers

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

I'm afraid it's not possible. The scope of a knowledge object in Splunk (managed by sharing permissions dialog) is within that app Or all apps.

llacoste
Path Finder

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.
I was quite a bit afraid of that, yes... but as I am always told that Splunk is magic and we can do everything... I started believing so ahah!

Maybe there is a hidden conf we are not aware of...

I will let this thread one day and see if somebody comes up with a miracle, otherwise I'll close it

Thanks again for your help.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...