All Apps and Add-ons

SSL Certificate Checker: Which extensions are supported?

rodspower
Explorer

Hi Michael, How are you?

I would like to know which extensions the SSL Certificate Checker are compatible? I already tried with .cer and .pem , it works!. Is it possible to read from the .KDB extension?

Thanks you

Regards

1 Solution

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you use the non-automatic method in that you specify a path to the cert, then it will not matter if its a crt, cert, pem, etc. as long as it is x509.

If you use the automatic discovery method, it looks for any case of .PEM. If it's not .pem .Pem .pEM etc it wont be recognized / found by the automation. I coded it that way because most of the splunk docs say "path to your cert in PEM format", etc.

Thanks for checking the app out!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you use the non-automatic method in that you specify a path to the cert, then it will not matter if its a crt, cert, pem, etc. as long as it is x509.

If you use the automatic discovery method, it looks for any case of .PEM. If it's not .pem .Pem .pEM etc it wont be recognized / found by the automation. I coded it that way because most of the splunk docs say "path to your cert in PEM format", etc.

Thanks for checking the app out!

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That’s a good question. I’ll have to look at the code and get back to you

0 Karma

rodspower
Explorer

Thank you for your reply, your splunk add-on is a life saver. Another question , Is it possible to retrieve more information about the certificate? like the issuer? Sha1? Sha2? 256bits ...all the stuff that is inside the certificate

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

We could extend the functionality to do anything you like... just if i can find the time...

I can imagine there being checkboxes on the setup page to "enable/disable" options like start date, end date, full text of the cert, etc. Even options for pkcs12, modulus, etc.

0 Karma

rodspower
Explorer

Do you want some help to extend functionalities?? I don't know how to code in splunk, but I can learn.
You have a great add-on here , like I said previously, It's a life saver. Thank you for your help and time explaining all the add-on can do and how to setup.

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could help by sharing enhancement requests with me. I see a lot of people are using the app but you’re one of the first to ask anything. So ask away and I’ll implement what I can when I can. If you have a more immediate need there are plenty of splunk partners who develop customized apps. You can find us in #appdevs on slackchat.

0 Karma

damode
Motivator

Is SSL Certificate Checker supported or compatible with Splunk Cloud ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...