All Apps and Add-ons

Receiving ERROR INFO Nest devices.py input doesn't exist in nest.log

eranney
Engager

I have Nest Add-on for Splunk and Nest App for Splunk installed, correctly inserted my API key but I don't see any data being received and I see "Receiving ERROR INFO Nest devices.py input doesn't exist" in nest.log.

trross33
Path Finder

I'm seeing the same thing on a CentOS 7 server. I've ensured the environment variables are set, installed, and configured. I still cannot get any data showing, and the log is showing this same devices.py input doesn't exist.

0 Karma

gdziuba_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

So I just went through this. I didn't have my environmental variable set up on initial install and had these same errors. Set up your environmental variable and reinstall the app.

This fixed the issue for me.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Splunk

Kudos to the developer, Ryan O'Conner for helping me out.

0 Karma

alabbe70

I am having the same issue. Has any one figured this out?

0 Karma

dtomilso
Engager

I'm having the same problem. I am using the two factor authentication with my Nest application / account, if that matters. I okayed everything and linked the account and entered in the correct name / API_key settings.
Not sure why the location and devices aren't showing up. (We have 3 cameras, a couple of protects and a thermostat).

0 Karma

BrettRoberts
Explorer

I am getting the same error. Anyone figure this out?

0 Karma

jcrimarco_2

Having Same issue

0 Karma

BrettRoberts
Explorer

Running 7.3?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...