All Apps and Add-ons

License and LDAP Question

josefa123
Explorer

I dont know what I am doing and I accidentally change my license from trial to free. When I am finding to revert it back I cant see any trial license on the manage license page. Can I make it on trial again without reinstalling the whole system? I cannot loose any data that has been already indexed.

Another thing, can I use the API or SDK splunk provides and just build on top of the splunk free to still have the ldap feature? Thanks in advance.

0 Karma
1 Solution

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Splunk free doesn't allow the use of the LDAP on the free license. See comparisons here: https://www.splunk.com/en_us/products/splunk-enterprise/free-vs-enterprise.html. That said, head over to dev.splunk.com and request a developer license. It is free, has to be renewed every 6 months, and shouldn't be used for production. If you need production Splunk, purchase a proper license. The dev license will give you LDAP capabilities back. Using the API/SDK has nothing to do with LDAP. They are two different features.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Splunk free doesn't allow the use of the LDAP on the free license. See comparisons here: https://www.splunk.com/en_us/products/splunk-enterprise/free-vs-enterprise.html. That said, head over to dev.splunk.com and request a developer license. It is free, has to be renewed every 6 months, and shouldn't be used for production. If you need production Splunk, purchase a proper license. The dev license will give you LDAP capabilities back. Using the API/SDK has nothing to do with LDAP. They are two different features.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...