All Apps and Add-ons

JMS Messaging Modular Input: I installed the add-on on the search head but why is it not visible in Splunk Web?

ankithreddy777
Contributor

I installed JMS Messaging Modular Input on Splunk search head but it's not visible on Splunk Web. Do we need to configure anything?

0 Karma
1 Solution

mpreddy
Communicator

Hi Ankit you need to set up the addon. follow details in below details

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1317/#/details

View solution in original post

mpreddy
Communicator

Hi Ankit you need to set up the addon. follow details in below details

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1317/#/details

ankithreddy777
Contributor

I followed the document for JMS modular input app set up. I have set java environment variable. but I still cant see the JMS inputs option on splunk UI- Manager-Datainputs. Do I need to add jars for the messaging platform.

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Have you looked for logging errors , as per the documentation

Have you followed the troubleshooting steps , as per the documentation

0 Karma

ankithreddy777
Contributor

I have followed the documentation. But still cant see the jms_modular_input option on splunk UI.

Below are the logging errors

02-03-2017 13:33:35.936 -0600 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "python /opt/splunk/etc/apps/jms_ta/bin/jms.py" It has been determined via the REST API that all inputs have been disabled

02-03-2017 13:33:26.474 -0600 INFO ExecProcessor - New scheduled exec process: python /opt/splunk/etc/apps/jms_ta/bin/jms.py

02-03-2017 13:33:26.473 -0600 INFO ModularInputs - No stanzas found for scheme "jms" in inputs.conf at script (re)start.

02-03-2017 13:33:26.472 -0600 INFO ExecProcessor - New scheduled exec process: python /opt/splunk/etc/apps/jms_ta/bin/jms.py

DO I need to configure anything more

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Yes , following the documentation is usually a good start 🙂

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...