All Apps and Add-ons

Invalid FIELDALIAS in default/props.conf

_smp_
Builder

I am getting many of these errors in my internal log:

09-04-2019 14:04:01.152 -0500 WARN FieldAliaser - Invalid field alias specification in stanza 'OktaIM2:log': FIELDALIAS-target_displayName_as_app='target{}'

It appears the default props.conf has an invalid FIELDALIAS in version 2.25.10 (also in 2.25.6):

splunk@server:[~/etc/apps]> tar -xOzf okta-identity-cloud-add-on-for-splunk_22510.tgz TA-Okta_Identity_Cloud_for_Splunk/default/props.conf | grep FIELDALIAS-target_displayName_as_app

FIELDALIAS-target_displayName_as_app = target{}

Based on the class name, I suspect the syntax should be:

FIELDALIAS-target_displayName_as_app = target{} AS app

0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

Yes you are correct. copy the stanza and make the change in the local directory.
from : https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.3.1/Knowledge/Configurefieldaliaseswithprops.conf#Use...

Add the following line to a stanza in props.conf:

FIELDALIAS-<class> = <orig_field_name> AS <new_field_name>

<orig_field_name> is the original name of the field.
<new_field_name> is the alias to assign to the field.
You can include multiple field alias renames in one stanza.
Restart Splunk Enterprise for your changes to take effect.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...