All Apps and Add-ons

Hunk MR jobs doesn't show up on Resource Manager/HortonWorks

gsumank
Engager

Folks,
The Hunk was installed on Hortonworks Sandbox 2.0. I have configured Hunk/Proviver/Virtual Index. I can see all the json data in the search. I know in the older version, job tracker used to be at sandbox:50030. But in latest versions like Yarn, it should be showing up at sandbox:8088 or sandbox:19888

I am unable to see the active or completed MR jobs at the above two ports. Am I looking at wrong ports. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Ledion_Bitincka
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

What kind of search are you running from Hunk? You need to run a reporting search in order for Hunk to spawn a MapReduce/Yarn job, e.g.

index=MyVix | stats count by source 

csharp_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Also, ensure you're running your search in Smart Mode or Fast Mode but not Verbose Mode.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...