All Apps and Add-ons

How to use the CartoDB Torque app to incorporate a map built using CartoDB API into an existing dashboard?

samtawfik

I installed CartoDB application in Splunk Enterprise as an APP. Not enough info on how to use it within Splunk and no info within Splunk Community.

I am trying to incorporate a map that's built using CartoDB API into an existing Dashboard.
I wish there is an example. I tried the Search Pattern within CartoDB/Torque, but nothing works; I kept getting:

Search for data with _time, latitude, and longitude fields. For best results, keep queries below 50,000 results.

Thanks.

0 Karma

lxmanager

I have also problem use the app. I cannot see search box.
I got a just Search Patterns Label
How can I do?

alt text

0 Karma

jplumsdaine22
Influencer

Hi there,

Is this your first time using Splunk? If so you should definately take the time to do the search tutorial - it will give you a good understanding of how to use splunk http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.3.3/SearchTutorial/WelcometotheSearchTutorial

As to your specific issue, what does your data look like? If you could post some sample lines that will help. I'm guessing your data doesn't have the required fields or Splunk is not extracting the field names correctly.

0 Karma

samtawfik

Sorry, it does not answer my question.
My question was specific regarding CartoDB/Torque app using it with Splunk.
I actually have the search: time, longitude, latitude, but the app seems not working. I have not seen anybody got it to work on the forum.

0 Karma

jplumsdaine22
Influencer

What search are you entering in the search box?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...