All Apps and Add-ons

How to monitor localhost thru REST API Modular Input for Splunk?

mavrodiev

Hi All,

I am trying to monitor the output of localhost thru REST API Modular Input of Splunk.

http://localhost:8888/services/health

Purpose is to have the health check results shown in JSON format. Screenshot from Postman:
{
"BPS": {
"healthy": false,
"message": "Inactive RMI HTTP service(s) : [/BatchExecutionService], [/BusinessExecutionService], [/ChannelDataLookupService], [/RobotExecutionService], [/WebBusinessExecutionService], [/WebExternalExecutionService]. (503)"
}
}

Once the results are shown on SPlunk, I will configure an alert in case healthy state is different that READY. There are more than 20 hosts consolidated into a single index and they are communicating with central server via SplunkUniversalForwarders.
Currently I am testing the scenario locally on my own laptop with local instnace of Splunk and application is running also on my box.

Do you have any ideas if this scenario is possible for impementation?

Cheers,
Konstantin

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...