All Apps and Add-ons

How to configure Windows DNS Analytical and Diagnostic Logs add-on to get the logs in Splunk?

cristibe

Hi,

I'm already running the Windows 2012 R2 setup, but how can I get the logs in Splunk? Also, can I use DNS Analytics as a graphical interface?

Thanks.

0 Karma

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The latter answer is 'Yes, I believe so.' I looked at that app and it does appear to be a graphical look at a lot of your DNS stuff.

For the former, you will probably want the Splunk Add-on for Windows DNS.

While it may be more work, I had set up the Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure and found it very useful. It contains the DNS add-on mentioned above. And, just a note that while it's more work to get set up, nothing in that setup is particularly hard there's just a fair amount to it. It is well documented which always makes it easier!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...