All Apps and Add-ons

How can I install it in Mac?

chenhaoyu

I have no experience to install spl file in my mac. And I can't figure out how to do that? Could someone help me out?

0 Karma

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

you also can install the app as .spl using the command
./splunk install app myfile.spl

or rename to .tar.gz and untar, or use tar -xvf

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

yes, all apps on splunkbase are for splunk, and used to provide knowledge objects, dashboards, searches, collectors for interconnection with other applications or devices,

a minimum deployment looks like :
a splunk core install + eventually apps from splunkbase
and eventually splunk universal forwarders install + eventually apps from splunkbase

0 Karma

chenhaoyu

I just signed up this account of Splunk. Should every software in this website be only run in splunk platform ? if not in splunk platform, we can't use them?

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

An .spl file is just a tar.gz file with a different extension. Put the file in your $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps directory and unpack it using a tool like tar -xvf. Depending on the app or add-on, you might need to restart Splunk. You can also install many apps and add-ons automatically from within Splunk Web. For more information, see Where to get more apps and add-ons in the Admin Manual.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...