All Apps and Add-ons

How can I index Netflow logs?

khanlarloo
Explorer

Hi,
I want to send my router's Netflow logs to Splunk.
How can I do that?
I installed Splunk in Linux Centos 7 and installed the Splunk Add-on for NetFlow, but my logs still don't show in Splunk.

0 Karma
1 Solution

nickhills
Ultra Champion

Take a look at Splunk Stream - its a far more robust way of collecting the data (and lots more)!
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/StreamApp/7.1.1/DeployStreamApp/ConfigureFlowcollector

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

nickhills
Ultra Champion

Take a look at Splunk Stream - its a far more robust way of collecting the data (and lots more)!
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/StreamApp/7.1.1/DeployStreamApp/ConfigureFlowcollector

0 Karma

khanlarloo
Explorer

should i install netflow programm to collect my data and then send them to splunk?

0 Karma

nickhills
Ultra Champion

If you install Splunk TA Stream on a Heavy Forwarder you have all the components you need.

From the doc above:
edit

[streamfwd]
netflowReceiver.0.ip = <your hvy fwd ip>
netflowReceiver.0.port = 9995
netflowReceiver.0.decoder = netflow

then configure your network devices to send netflow to <your hvy fwd id> :9995

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Depending on the volume of traffic you may want to install the independent stream forwarder...

0 Karma

khanlarloo
Explorer

tanx i do it and it works

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...