All Apps and Add-ons

HTTP 400 error in DBConnect due to changing admin username

L_Petch
Explorer

Hello all,

The Splunk default admin name has been changed and now I get the below error on Splunk DB connect. Please can someone let me know which conf file holds this info so I can change it to the new username?

Splunkd error: HTTP 400 -- User with name=admin does not exist

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

L_Petch
Explorer

Hi,

So this error was due to the Admin user being deleted and the owner being set to admin still. I managed to fix this by changing the owner but after talking to PS deleting Admin is a mistake as so many services rely on it that it has been changed back.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

L_Petch
Explorer

Hi,

So this error was due to the Admin user being deleted and the owner being set to admin still. I managed to fix this by changing the owner but after talking to PS deleting Admin is a mistake as so many services rely on it that it has been changed back.

0 Karma

etoombs
Path Finder

Does your new admin account have the admin role associated? If not, did you look at the roles associated and make sure all of the db_connect items are allowed?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...