All Apps and Add-ons

Getting error with Microsoft Azure Add on for Splunk: Unable to initialize modular input "azure_event_hub" defined in the app TA-MS-AAD.

jabbene00

Just installed both versions of Microsoft Azure Add on for Splunk on Heavy forwarder.

When I open the inputs area nothing happens, just spins. Eventually, the following error shows up in messages:

Unable to initialize modular input "azure_event_hub" defined in the app "TA-MS-AAD": Introspecting scheme=azure_event_hub: script running failed (exited with code 1)

Any assistance would be great.

0 Karma

cnuguri_ncc
Path Finder

I have this error on Mac OS too, Tried on Splunk 8.0 and  8.1, with Add-on 3.0.1. 😐

Edit:  Actually my error is slightly different, I get the below when adding the input, and input is not created

Argument validation for scheme=azure_event_hub failed: The script returned with exit status 1.

0 Karma

jconger
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The Event Hub input does not currently work on Windows. See the About platforms section here -> https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3757/#/details

It has to do with the Python library used to ingest Event Hub data. A new version is in development for Splunk 8 and should include Windows support for the Event Hub input as well.

0 Karma

jconger
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

What OS is your HWF?

0 Karma

jabbene00

Windows 2016

0 Karma

jabbene00

HF is
Splunk Enterprise
Version:
Build:
a6754d8441bf

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...