All Apps and Add-ons

Error while parsing ..'/opt/splunk/etc/apps/SplunkAppForXenDesktop/default/data/ui/views/xd_session_list.xml'

miguelayala
Explorer

Hi everybody,

I'm having a trouble while I restart splunkd daemon (splunk service). When service is starting detects one error:

Checking prerequisites...
        Checking http port [8000]: open
        Checking mgmt port [8089]: open
        Checking configuration... Error while parsing '/opt/splunk/etc/apps/SplunkAppForXenDesktop/default/data/ui/views/xd_session_list.xml':
 no element found: line 1, column 0
There were problems with the configuration files.
Would you like to ignore these errors? [y/n]:

Y have checked xd_session_list.xml file and it exists but is empty (0kb).

I just downloaded version 2.0.0 of Splunk for Citrix XenDesktop app, unpacked all files and after check the file xd_session_list.xml i could see that is empty too.... ¿?

Any idea??

Thanks!

benazir
Explorer

Just type one line xml header and save the file . And then start the indexer . Ignore the error while starting it should work

0 Karma

srikanth1213
Path Finder

also the app "SplunkAppForXenDesktop" is actually disabled from Splunk UI, any possibility if that could lead to the above error when we are restarting the splunk d process? pls share your thoughts.

0 Karma

srikanth1213
Path Finder

Indeed , it does start after we ignore these errors, but I thought as the Splunk d processs set to "automatic" it should start by itself.

0 Karma

srikanth1213
Path Finder

Hi miguelayala, even we are having the exact same issue.. any luck with the solution that you can share with us ..

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...