All Apps and Add-ons

Can I put multiple apps in a single directory in etc/apps to keep them organized?

jdaves
Path Finder

Hi Splunkers!

I have to put a bunch of TAs on my indexers for the VMware app and I'd like to be able to nest them under a single directory so I know what they're for. Ideally it'd be something like /opt/splunk/etc/apps/VMware_TAs/SA-Hydra, etc... I can't find any questions on this anywhere and nothing in any documentation I could find mentions doing this, or not doing this.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Karma

dshpritz
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

No, that won't work.

[Edit] Ok, if this is for organizational purposes, (why do I have this installed here), I would suggest adding a /local directory to the TA/SA and add a note as to why this app was installed.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...