All Apps and Add-ons

After installing the Splunk App for Unix and Linux 5.2.1, why is the app reporting "macro missing" and "lookup is invalid"?

JovanMilosevic
Path Finder

Just installed latest Splunk App for Unix and Linux (had already installed TA). Upon running the app, I get the following messages:

home_disk_free   Macro missing
home_cpu_idle    Macro missing
unix_noop        Macro missing
dropdowns.csv    Lookup is invalid.

Have searched the App, and SA-Nix - the only macros I can find are the ones the setup program created in response to my entries during setup. I have searched the apps tgz file that was downloaded - nothing.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

0 Karma

lycollicott
Motivator

I had a very similar issue and it turned out that the SA-nix app was incomplete/incorrect, so I downloaded it again just a few days after you posted this question.

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/469726/splunk-app-for-unix-and-linux-where-are-these-file.html

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...