All Apps and Add-ons

After installation of Splunk DB Connect, why am i getting the following network connection error? : "The Network Adapter could not establish the connection."

aspirantsplonk

Hi All,
I installed DB connect on my Heavy forwarder, no firewall running on my Splunk, and the Oracle database we are trying to connect requires firewall port to open. They opened the firewall port of database(bidirectional). Still, i am getting the following error:

com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariPool$PoolInitializationException: Failed to initialize pool: IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection.

All answers are welcome.

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

Hi @aspirantsplonk,

Have you tried to check network connectivity from Heavy Forwarder to Oracle Database server ? You can check with telnet command for example telnet database_server_ip port

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...