All Apps and Add-ons

Add-on for VMware is not working: Why is there an Error that "could not authenticate with gateway after 3 retries"?

tem
Loves-to-Learn

Now, I deploy Splunk Enterprise, ITSI, Add-on for VMware on single node.

I face the problem that "Data Collection Status" nor ITSI  can not run.

WS000056.JPGWS000057.JPGWS000058.JPG

Checking sourcetype=vmware:perf* OR sourcetype=vmware:inv:hierarchy,

results is not returned.

but, Data Collection Nodes and Virtual Centers is valid

WS000055.JPGOn Hydra Framework Status in Add-on VMware, there is a lot of Worker Errors and Scheduler Errors. like this.

2023-08-08 15:55:13,521 ERROR [ta_vmware_collection_worker://alpha:182108] Problem with hydra worker ta_vmware_collection_worker://alpha:182108: [HydraGatewayAdapter] could not authenticate with gateway after 3 retries
2023-08-08 15:55:25,725 ERROR [ta_vmware_collection_scheduler://puff] [HydraWorkerNode] [establishGateway] could not authenticate with gateway=https://spl-itsi.infra.local:8008 for node=https://spl-itsi.infra.local:8089 due to error="[HydraGatewayAdapter] could not authenticate with gateway after 3 retries", marking node as dead
2023-08-08 15:55:02,591 ERROR [ta_vmware_collection_scheduler://puff] [HydraCollectionManifest] Attempted to assign jobs but we have no active workers to assign to. Restarting Scheduler...

my environment is below

splunk enterprise : 9.0.0, ITSI : 4.17.0

Addon4VMware : 4.0.5, VMware Indexes : 4.0.3, vCenter Logs, VMware ESXi Logs : 4.2.1, VMware Extractions : 4.0.3

※ I don't use Add-on for VMware Metrics.

VM information is below

What should I do?

I need splunk OVA for VMware Metrics? I don't use it hopely

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...