Alerting

is it possible to set up a single alert for 15 servers?

Abilan1
Path Finder

Hi,

I have 15 servers, I want to set up the same alert for the 15 servers. I am going to use a common search string to search in the all servers log. Is it possible to set up a single alert? also If I set up a single alert how come it will give me the server name in alert?

Thanks,
Abilan

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

stephanefotso
Motivator

Let suppose that the host field identify each server. Here yougo!

index=......  host=*  "JDESPECRESULT_JDBFAILED"|table host

Then set up a PerResult alert,

SGF

View solution in original post

0 Karma

stephanefotso
Motivator

Let suppose that the host field identify each server. Here yougo!

index=......  host=*  "JDESPECRESULT_JDBFAILED"|table host

Then set up a PerResult alert,

SGF
0 Karma

Abilan1
Path Finder

Hi Stephane,

Thanks for the help. can you please let me know why we are using Index here?

Regards,
Abilan..

0 Karma

stephanefotso
Motivator

I was in the case, each server is forwarding data to the indexer. But in your case, there is no need to use the index.
Thanks

SGF
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Yes, mostly. You can do something like this:

... | stats count by server

Then in the Alert set it to trigger an alert for each event returned. I do not know about including the server name in the subject, though.

0 Karma

Abilan1
Path Finder

Thank you. I will check from my side..

0 Karma

stephanefotso
Motivator

I think it is possible. Please what do you want exactly the alert to do with your 15 servers? And also, what is the search query your are using?

SGF
0 Karma

Abilan1
Path Finder

I am going to use this search string "JDESPECRESULT_JDBFAILED". If this string occurs in any of the server logs, I need the server name detail in the alert.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...