All Apps and Add-ons

SOAR- Splunk Notable push through splunk App soar export

harishlnu
Engager

Hi Team,

Could you please help me on below issue.
I am using splunk App soar export for to push notable to Splunk phantom, but it was creating 2 same artifacts in one container, can you guide how can i avoid create multiple artifact in one container

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

marnall
Builder

Yeah the app is not great at deduplicating the notables it sends to SOAR. Ideally you would want this app to run a search, find result with some key field X, then create only one container with one artifact containing that result. Subsequent searches in the app will create a new artifact in the same container, but this is unwanted.

One way around this is to set up your generating search so that it appends the results to a whitelist which is used in later executions of the search to remove the results already seen.

E.g. imagine you have a unique field of "id" in your results. You want only one container+artifact per value of "id".

1. Make a lookup containing one "id" column. E.g. search_whitelist.csv

2. Change your search to append and exclude ids:

| <your search>
| search NOT [| inputlookup search_whitelist.csv | table id]
| outputlookup search_whitelist.csv append=true

3. (optional but recommended) - make another search which removes old entries from the search_whitelist.csv if it gets too big. E.g.

| inputlookup search_whitelist.csv
| sort - id
| head 10000
| outputlookup search_whitelist.csv

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...