Splunk Search

How to get physical address given latitude and longitude coordinates and show it in a table?

rongruspe

Given that I have my latitude an longitude in an RDBMS and I can access it using Splunk DB Connect. I want to show the Physical address based on the latitude and longitude cordinates

0 Karma
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You'll need an external service (Google Maps, etc.) to provide that lookup for you. Once you have that you can call such an API from a scripted lookup, pass the lat/lon to the lookup and return the physical address into your search results. Displaying that in a table is the easiest part.

View solution in original post

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You'll need an external service (Google Maps, etc.) to provide that lookup for you. Once you have that you can call such an API from a scripted lookup, pass the lat/lon to the lookup and return the physical address into your search results. Displaying that in a table is the easiest part.

rongruspe

Thanks! Very helpful. Do you have an example on how to create a scripted lookup that calls an API? And where can I get that API?

0 Karma

Imjusttesting
Explorer

@Mus & Martin_mueller,

So far what is displayed on the table are the Lon & Lat but i need the Physical address but I'm planning to use OpenStreetMap instead of GoogleMap.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1nXkGdlsvvPcjBndldfcWlRQjA/view?usp=sharing

How can i do it?
Are the logic to display the Physical address on the table works the same on both Google Map & OpenstreetMap?

Apologise Rongruspe for "hijacking' ur post but I'm also facing similar issues.

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

Yes, the logic is the same. You can easily switch between Google Maps and Openstreetmap or any other Map tile server in Splunk; see the docs http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.3.0/Viz/Editdashboardpanelvisualizations Topic Map Tiles

PS: You can even create your own map tiles and use them in Splunk 😉

0 Karma

Imjusttesting
Explorer

Thanks MuS for the fast respond 🙂

I've no issues displaying the coordinate on the various Maps but i need to display the Physical address instead of Lat & Lon on the Table.
Are you able to view the Pic on the link i provided?

Do you have any suggestion how this can be done?

Thanks & appreciate a lot

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The answer is the same as well - use a geolocation web service, such as Google's API linked to above. I'm sure there are services besides Google too.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Look at the link posted by @MuS for a start.

MuS
Legend

And here you can find such an external service https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/geocoding/?hl=de
uupppss copy/paste error - the first link was the wrong one 🙂

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...