Splunk Search

How to combine two Splunk queries and extract the matching values of one of the fields?

arrangineni
Path Finder

I have two splunk queries and both have one common field with different values in each query. I need to combine both the queries and bring out the common values of the matching field in the result. I can create the lookup for one of the queries and correlate the matching field values in the second query but trying to do without lookup within the splunk query.

Example:

Query 1:  index=abc.......| table field1, field2, field3
field1 have values 123, 434, 124, 567

Query 2: index=abc.......| table field1, test2,test3
field1 have values 123, 434, 865,524

I need the resultant to have the field with matching values in both queries like field1 as 123,434. Can you help me with this?

0 Karma
1 Solution

rahmanazhar
Engager

Have you tried using join?

index=abc query 1
| table field1, field2, field3 
| join type=inner field1 [search (index=abc query 2) | fields field1, test2, test3]
| table field1, field2, field3, test2, test3

View solution in original post

rahmanazhar
Engager

Have you tried using join?

index=abc query 1
| table field1, field2, field3 
| join type=inner field1 [search (index=abc query 2) | fields field1, test2, test3]
| table field1, field2, field3, test2, test3

arrangineni
Path Finder

Thanks Rahman, Its working for me now. But I get the same results when I give the type=outer as well. What kind of difference will it make to my results.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...