Splunk Search

How to Extract Any Values With a Decimal in my Rex String

Traer001
Path Finder

Hello,

This may be an easy one, but I've been struggling with finding an answer for it.

I have events that look like this:

2021-06-11 17:22:13 Error at Position 1.1232 45.3285
2021-06-11 17:20:31 Error at Position -6.6351 32.3882
2021-06-11 17:19:14 Error at Position -21.1287 4.9063

The first number is an x coordinate and the second is a y coordinate. I am trying to extract these values with a regex string that look like this:

| rex field=_raw "Error\sat\sPosition\s(?<x_coord>.\d+.\d+)\s(?<y_coord>.\d+.\d+)"

However, this won't allow me to get values with just a single number followed by a decimal (ie. 1.1232). If I get rid of the dot at the beginning of each then it won't get any of the negative signs. 

How can I rewrite this rex string to get all of the values?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

rupkumar4sec
Path Finder

Try this 

| rex field=_raw "Error\sat\sPosition\s(?<x_coord>[^\s]+)\s(?<y_coord>[^\s]+)"

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| rex field=_raw "Error\sat\sPosition\s(?<x_coord>[\d\.\-]+)\s(?<y_coord>[\d\.\-]+)"
0 Karma

rupkumar4sec
Path Finder

Try this 

| rex field=_raw "Error\sat\sPosition\s(?<x_coord>[^\s]+)\s(?<y_coord>[^\s]+)"
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us at the Builder Bar at .conf24 – Empowering Innovation and Collaboration

What is the Builder Bar? The Builder Bar is more than just a place; it's a hub of creativity, collaboration, ...

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...