Splunk Search

How do I set a timerange to be the last full 7 days?

Peter
Path Finder

I have a script that populates the previous day's data early in the following morning. How do I set a time range such that I get results from the past 7 full days? Setting "earliest=-7d" still relies on the current time. So if today is Tuesday the 30th, I want to search from midnight last Tuesday to midnight on the 29th.

Tags (1)
2 Solutions

hulahoop
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Try earliest=-7d@d (snap to the beginning of the day).

View solution in original post

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You would need to use earliest=-7d@d, but you also need latest=@d to set the end time correctly to the 00:00 today/24:00 yesterday. (I assume that's what you mean by "midnight"; if you meant 00:00 yesterday, then you need latest=-1d@d instead.)

View solution in original post

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You would need to use earliest=-7d@d, but you also need latest=@d to set the end time correctly to the 00:00 today/24:00 yesterday. (I assume that's what you mean by "midnight"; if you meant 00:00 yesterday, then you need latest=-1d@d instead.)

Johnvey
Contributor
0 Karma

hulahoop
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Try earliest=-7d@d (snap to the beginning of the day).

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...