Splunk Search

How can I find out the average run time of a query?

danielbb
Motivator

Based on Can I see the top skipped searches?

I got a couple of offending queries, with a message such as - The maximum number of concurrent running jobs for this historical scheduled search on this instance has been reached (279).

alt text

How can I find the average run time of this query - Lookup_Update?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can check the job listing (Activity->Job) or run this search (substitute a specific search name, if you wish):

index=_internal source=*scheduler.log run_time=* savedsearch_name=* | stats avg(run_time) as avgRunTime by savedsearch_name
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can check the job listing (Activity->Job) or run this search (substitute a specific search name, if you wish):

index=_internal source=*scheduler.log run_time=* savedsearch_name=* | stats avg(run_time) as avgRunTime by savedsearch_name
---

danielbb
Motivator

The run_time is in seconds, right?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, it's in seconds.

---
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...