Splunk Search

Hide/unhide legend values by clicking on it

pero1234
Path Finder

On a Column Chart is it possible to hide/unhide legend values by clicking on it?

For eg. if I click on www3 in legend this action will hide www3 and I'll see only www1 and www2 on a chart.

timechart-by-clause-blog1.01.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can't do it via the legend, as that does not support drilldown - you'd have to play around with JS probably to get that to work.

I assume you want to be able to unhide it again, so you can't do it directly on that chart, but you could do it by having another set of buttons in another panel that would provide a filter set to show/hide those.

I've often done this either through a multiselect input above the chart or a link input where the inputs are tabbed horizontally, e.g.

bowesmana_0-1697063470846.png

You can see how that is done in the Itsy Bitsy app for Splunk - https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/5256

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...