Splunk Search

Hide/unhide legend values by clicking on it

pero1234
Path Finder

On a Column Chart is it possible to hide/unhide legend values by clicking on it?

For eg. if I click on www3 in legend this action will hide www3 and I'll see only www1 and www2 on a chart.

timechart-by-clause-blog1.01.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can't do it via the legend, as that does not support drilldown - you'd have to play around with JS probably to get that to work.

I assume you want to be able to unhide it again, so you can't do it directly on that chart, but you could do it by having another set of buttons in another panel that would provide a filter set to show/hide those.

I've often done this either through a multiselect input above the chart or a link input where the inputs are tabbed horizontally, e.g.

bowesmana_0-1697063470846.png

You can see how that is done in the Itsy Bitsy app for Splunk - https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/5256

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...